This 8-day, 7-night adventure has you experiencing the incredible natural beauty of Costa Rica and Nicaragua: you’ll be on a journey from mountains to beaches to jungle and back. There are a series of exciting adventures along the way and your professional and very entertaining bilingual guides will be there to show you the ropes… literally!
There’s a choice of a variety of tours including canyoneering, hanging bridges, rafting, hiking, hot springs and more! You’ll also be treated to friendly hospitality at five nice hotels and all of your transportation and some delicious meals will also be thrown in, too!
8 Day Costa Rica & Nicaragua
- Liberia, Costa Rica – 1 night
- La Fortuna, Costa Rica – 2 nights
- Guanacaste, Costa Rica – 1 night
- Granada, Nicaragua – 1 night
- Playa Samara, Costa Rica – 2 nights
- Overnight accommodations at five comfortable, standard hotels
- Solo Tour (you travel solo and everything has been pre-booked for you)
- Choice of tours: rafting or safari float, caynoneering or hanging bridges, Río Celeste, hot springs, Standup paddleboarding or Kayaking
- Professional and fun bilingual guides who love what they do and will show you a great time!
- 7 continental breakfasts, 3 lunches and 2 dinners
- Maximum 12 people per group
- Airport arrival and departure transfers
- Independent solo tour
- Maximum of 8 travellers
- All transports between hotels
Tour does NOT include:
- Tour Leader
- Meals not mentioned
- Flights to and from Costa Rica
- Airport taxes and border fees
- Optional tours and activities
- Travel Insurance
(**) These activities are included not obligatory.
- Day 1: Fly into Liberia (LIR), Costa Rica.
It’s best to fly into the Liberia International Airport (LIR), and we’ll get you on your airport shuttle to your first hotel, Best Western Las Espuelas. Settle in and get ready for your week of fun and adventure. There are many places to explore in the quaint little colonial town of Liberia & have a fun dinner on your own.
- Day 2: Arenal Volcano National Park (La Fortuna), Costa Rica.
Next, we’re off to the Arenal Volcano National Park, and you’ll do your choice of whitewater rafting or do a safari float on the Tenorio River on the way. Your adventure finishes with a delicious lunch included. We then continue on to the Epicenter of Adventure – the Arenal Volcano and check into your hotel. Dinner on your own.
- Day 3: Arenal Volcano National Park (La Fortuna), Costa Rica.
There is still more adventure to be had in Arenal! Your choice of Hanging Bridges or Lost Canyon Adventures canyoneering with lunch. Head to the hot springs with dinner included in the eveneing.
- Day 4: Guanacaste, Costa Rica.
Breakfast at your hotel. Be sure you’re all packed up because now we head to the rugged Guanacaste area of Costa Rica. Along the way you’ll hike to the celestial blue Río Celeste waterfall at the Tenorio Volcano National Park. Later, you’ll be ready for a quiet night relaxing in the Valley of the Volcanoes. Lunch & dinner included.
- Day 5: Granada, Nicaragua.
Today we do a boarder-crossing and get a look at Nicaragua’s modern touch with a big wind farm along the main highway and the iconic volcanoes off in the distance on Lake Nicaragua’s Ometepe Island. Arrive to the impressive colonial city of Granada. Explore this amazing town full of street cafes, bars, restaurants, galleries and historical sights.
- Day 6: Masaya & San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua to Costa Rica (Playa Samara).
Rise and shine because we’re on the move again! We’ll visit La Merced Church, the Masaya Volcano and the artsy town Catarina overlooking the Laguna de Apoyo. We continue to San Juan del Sur for lunch on your own at this bohemian beach town for surfers, before heading back across the boarder to Costa Rica. You’ll spend the next two nights of your trip relaxing from your journey at the beach at Playa Samara.
- Days 7: Playa Samara, Costa Rica.
You have a full day here at our favorite beach. Playa Samara is considered one of Central America’s most-beautiful beaches famous for easy-going waves perfect for first-time surfers, swimming and snorkeling. You get to explore the deserted island of Isla Chora on Stand Up Paddle, kayak or boat tour and go snorkeling in the calm waters once you reach the unusual pink-sand island full of lost iguanas! Lunch and dinner on your own.
- Day 8: Airport Shuttle back to Liberia, Costa Rica.
US$ 1,297.00 per person
This tour needs a minimum of 2 people to run on June 25, July 23, August 6, November 12 and December 10, 2016.
Please check Dates & Booking tab on the left for more information.
Jungles, Mountains, Volcanoes, Rivers, Beaches, National Parks, Colonial Towns, Hot Springs... this adventure has it all!