This amazing 10 day voyage is packed with activities and guided tours to present you some of the jewels of Peru. This budget travel tour is designed for groups of 2 to 12 passengers ready to go hiking and rafting trough the Andes to make their way to the breathtaking capital of the Inca Empire: Machu Picchu.
NOTE: The government of Peru in order to preserve the Inca trail is limiting more and more the access to the ruins. If you have been dreaming of taking this trip, now is the time.
11 Day Machu Picchu Tour
- Lima – 2 nights
- Cusco – 2 nights
- Ollantaytambo – 1 nights
- Classic Inca Trail – 3 nights
- Machu Picchu / Cusco – 1 night
- Lima – 1 night
Tour includes **:
- English, French, Italian or German speaking Tour Leader (Spanish goes without saying – upon request and depends on availability)
- Maximum 12 people per group
- All public and private transports between cities
- Domestic flights between Lima and Cusco
- 10 nights hotels in Lima and Cusco, tents on the Inca Trail
- 10 continental breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners (Trekking food begins with lunch on the first day and dinner on the last day)
- Professional tour guides
- Classic Inca Trail 4 days 3 night excursion with all specialized guides, porters and cooks
- All trekking and camping gear including tents, food, cooking material, first aid kits
- All excursions as described in Tour Details tab
- Guided City Tour in Lima
- Orientation Walk in Cusco
- Day excursion to the Valle Sagrado
- Guided visit to Pisac and other sites
- Rafting on the Río Vilcanota or Horseback Riding
- Guided visit to Machu Picchu *
- Entrance to the Inca Trail us$94 (paid upon RSVP) *
- Train back to Cusco
Tour does NOT include:
- Sleeping bags
- Walking Sticks
- International flights
- Airport taxes
- Meals / drinks not mentioned
- Optional tours and activities
- Travel Insurance
(*) These services are regulated by the INC. (Instituto Nacional de Cultura del Cusco) and reservations must be made 60 days ahead of time by sending them complete name, nationality, passport number and age of the traveller.
(**) These activities are included not obligatory.
TOUR DETAILS *:
- Day 1 – Lima – Arrival day. Reception and transport to the hotel. Meet your tour leader at the Welcome Meeting.
- Day 2 – Lima – 3 hour City Tour in the afternoon passing by Plaza de Armas, Catedral, San Francisco Convent, Paseo Romántico of old Lima, Virreynales, Miraflores (Modern part of Lima).
- Day 3 – Transfer to airport for early flight to Cusco (flight Included) and to the hotel. Orientation Walk before lunch passing by Santo Domingo Catedral, Temple of the Sun / Qoricancha and Churches. In the afternoon you are welcome to visit as an optional activity the Arqueological site of Saqsayhuaman, Qenqo teatre, Inca bathrooms of Tambomachay, and Puka-Pukara Fort among others.
- Day 4 – Cusco – All day excursion to the Valle Sagrado (Sacred Valley of the Incas), guided visit to the ruins of Pisac, Ollantaytambo fort, colonial town of Chincheros, indigenous markets and artisanals, and much more. We get back to the hotel around 6pm.
- Day 5 – Cusco – Rafting on the Río Vilcanota (transport, lunch, rafting equipment, guides included). If you do not like Rafting you are welcome to substitute this activity with Horseback Riding.
- Day 6 – Classic Inca Trail – Get ready. Here we go: You are picked up from the hotel at around 6.30am and take a ride to Km 82 where the first lunch will be served. The guide will then give information on the activities of the day. Each passenger is required to have their passport at hand to pass the first checkpoint.
We then start our climb accompanied by our “Quechua” (porters) moving through the fertile valleys along the Urubamba river with magnificent views of the Veronica Glacier. Then continue to Llactapata (an ancient Inca citadel that protected the entry to the two main valleys). The Camp will be set up at Wayllabamba at 3000 meters (12 ° C). Tea is served around 5.30pm and dinner around 7pm.
- Day 7 – Inca Trail – We wake up at 6am and have 30 minutes to get ready before having breakfast. The first part of our day is a strenuous climb of 4 to 5 hours with a tea break half way to enjoy the panoramic view of the two valleys at the “dead woman’s pass” (4200 m). From there we go downhill for about 1.5 to 2 hours before arriving to Pacaymayu camp site. Dinner is around 7pm.
- Day 8 – Inca Trail – We wake up once more at 6am and have 30 minutes to get ready before breakfast.
This day hike goes through a stretch of the trail remarkably well preserved passing ancient archaeological sites covered by dense tropical forest and we get to visit Runkuracay and Sayacmarca before serving lunch.
After lunch we get back on the trail to arrive to Phuyupatamarca (city above clouds) with a spectacular view of the Andes mountains. From here we have a 2 hour downhill walk to arrive to the camp at the ruins of Wiñay Wayna (if available) and its enigmatic history. Tea at 5.30pm.
In the evening enjoy an excellent dinner before saying thank you and goodbye to the porters and cooks.
- Day 9 – Machu Picchu & Cusco – Today we will wake up at 4am and leave the camp by 5.30am at the checkpoint. We arrive to Machu Picchu at 8am where the group can leave their backpacks in a storage area. The guided tour of Machu Picchu lasts about 2 hours after which the passengers will be given extra time to wonder around the city by themselves and as an option climb Wayna Picchu (us$65 extra cost).
The group will set a meeting time and place in the village of Aguas Calientes from where to embark on the train back to Cusco. Last day group dinner in Peru.
- Day 10 – Lima – Transport to Cusco airport and flight back to Lima. You will say goodbye to your tour leader at the aiport in Cusco. Once in Lima your transport will be waiting to take you to your hotel.
- Day 11 – Transfer to airport in Lima at any time. Adios Amigos!
* Please note: This itinerary is a guideline and the tour leader will arrange the tour to the specific requirements of the passengers during the tour.
US$ 1,695.00 per person
This tour begins on June 10, July 15, August 26, September 16, October 7 and November 4, 2016.
Please check Dates & Booking tab on the left for more information.
Orientation Walk in Lima & Cusco, Excursion to the Valle Sagrado, Visit to Pisac, Rafting on the Río Vilcanota, Classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu * & much more.