Terms & Conditions
Booking Terms & Conditions
- 1. Contract with Snail Adventures. The terms and conditions set forth below (the ‘Terms’) constitute the entire understanding and agreement between Snail Adventures (the ‘Company’) and the customer (the ‘Customer’) with respect to any and all bookings, trips or transactions made with the company. These Terms affect the Customer’s rights and designate the applicable law and choice of forum for the resolution of any and all disputes. All persons wishing to make a booking must carefully read and understand the Terms. By making a booking by telephone, on our website, by email, or facsimile with the Company or its agents, you accept and are bound by these Terms. There is no verbal or written representation, warranty, collateral agreement, prior agreement, description of services, or conditions, other than as expressed herein. The service to be provided is/are the tour(s) referred to in the booking confirmation.
- 2. Reservations / Acceptance of Booking. To reserve a space on any trip, each Customer must submit: (1) A completed application form; (2) A deposit of 25% (35% for groups of more than 8 passengers). The balance of the Trip Cost is due 60 days prior to departure. If a booking is made 60 days or less before the departure date, then the full amount is payable at the time the Customer’s booking is confirmed. Acceptance of the Customer’s booking must be confirmed in writing by the Company.
- 3. Payments / Client Details. Payments can be made by credit card, bank transfer, cash, credit card, paypal & bitcoin or by whatever means is acceptable by the booking agent. Payments by credit card, bitcoin or Paypal incur an additional 5% processing fee. This fee is charged to Snail Adventures by the payment processing company. If payment is made by Bank Transfer the customer is responsible for all wire transfer fees. All tour fees stated in these Terms are in US dollar amounts. If payments are not paid when due, the Company reserves the right to treat the reservation as canceled. No one will be allowed to depart on a trip unless all payments are necessary documents have been received by the Company. In order for the Company to confirm and guarantee the Customer’s travel arrangements, the customer must provide all customer details with their final payment as per the dates specified in (2) above. Customer details include passport number, relevant medical conditions, full name, date of birth, and nationality. If the customer does not provide all the Customers’ details within 30 days before departure, a fee of $50 will be charged to the file.
- 4. Single Supplement. All accommodations (hotels, etc) are based on double occupancy. We will try to find roommates for single travelers to share accommodations. If no roommates are available then the Customer will be supplied with single accommodation without further charge. If at some stage during the tour the Customer wants single accommodations, the Customer can ask the tour leader to arrange this. If available, the tour leader will arrange this and the Customer can pay the difference in cost directly to the tour leader. There is no guarantee by Snail Adventures that such accommodation will be always available.
- 5. Cancellation by the Customer. If the customer cancels, all reservation deposits will be returned minus a cancellation fee. Cancellations must be in writing, and the date on which the letter is received by the Company or its Agents, will determine the cancellation charges applicable. If made 61 or more days prior to the tour start date the cancellation fee is loss of deposit. If made 31-60 days prior to tour start date, the fee is 50% of total Trip Cost and if 30 days or less prior to tour start date the fee is 100% of Trip Cost.
- 6. Unused Services. No partial refunds will be given for missed or unused services such as hotel rooms, meals, sightseeing trips or included activities, or for any reason whatsoever (this includes voluntary or involuntary termination – such as sickness, death of a family member, etc.) The Trip Cost is quoted as a package and credits are not given for services not used.
- 7. Cancellation by Snail Adventures. The Company reserves the right to cancel any trip due to insufficient sign-up (not meeting the 2 person minimum), which makes the trip economically unfeasible to operate or for any other reason. If this happens, a full refund of the Trip Cost is given. However, the Company is not responsible for additional or incidental expenses incurred by travelers preparing for the trip (i.e., non-refundable ‘Advance Purchase’ air tickets, equipment, medical expenses, visas, loss of enjoyment, bank fees for receiving the refund etc.). The company will not cancel a tour less than 60 days before departure except for force majeure, unusual or unforeseen circumstances outside the Company’s control.
- 8. Prices, Surcharges and Validity. As we publish our prices in advance, we may occasionally be faced with significant cost increases due to factors over which we have no control. As such we reserve the right to impose surcharges (or price decreases) up to 60 days before tour start date due to unfavorable exchange rates, increases in air fares or other transport costs, taxes, or if government action should require us to do so. Surcharges will be calculated according to the full extra cost, compared to the original costs and exchange rates. If any surcharge results in an increase of more than 10% of the tour cost excluding insurance premiums, the client may cancel the booking within 14 days of notification of the surcharge and obtain a full refund.
- 9. Airlines. Our responsibility in respect of air travel is limited by the airline’s conditions of carriage. The airlines mentioned in our advertisements may change from those specified, and the Company is not able to specify the type of aircraft to be used by any airline. In addition, the Company is not responsible for losses due to canceled flights or seats or changed flight itineraries. The Customer cannot cancel the contract without penalty due to a change of airline, aircraft type, or destination. The responsibility of the airline is limited to the carriage of passengers and baggage in accordance with their terms and conditions of service.
- 10. Delays. Any costs, whether direct or incidental, incurred by the Customer as the result of delays caused by bad weather, road conditions, transportation delays, sickness, government intervention or other contingencies for which the Company or its agents cannot make provision, will not be reimbursed.
- 11. Changes by the Company. Reasonable changes in the itinerary may be made where deemed advisable for the comfort and well-being of the Customers. While the Company will endeavor to operate all tours as advertised, reasonable changes in the itinerary may be made where deemed necessary or advisable by the Company. If such a change is made, the client will be told at the time of booking. If the major change is due to unforeseen circumstances or circumstances beyond the control of the company then no compensation is payable.
- 12. Changes by the Customer. Within 60 days of departure, any amendments to a file will depend on availability and will be on a request basis. Any extra costs incurred for making the change will be charged and an amendment fee of $50 may be applied. No changes can be made within 14 days of departure. This includes booking additional accommodations, transfers or excursions. The Company is not responsible for additional expenses incurred by the Customer as a result of such changes, including but not limited to non-refundable ‘Advance Purchase’ air tickets, etc.). Note, scheduled airlines may impose 100% cancellation charges. Transfer of name: If you are prevented from traveling on the tour you booked by circumstances such as those which would permit you to make a claim on a standard cancellation insurance policy, you may transfer your booking to another person, provided they meet all the requirements relating to that tour. More than 60 days before departure, an administrative fee of 10% of the total value of the tour will apply. Within 60 days, name transfers are not permitted.
- 13. Authority on Tour. The Customer must at all times strictly comply with the laws, customs, foreign exchange and drug regulations of the countries visited. At all times the decision of the Company’s tour leader or representative is final on all matters that may threaten the safety or interfere with the well being of the group or individual travelers. Should the Customer fail to comply with this section, or if in the opinion of the tour leader or company representative, the Customer’s behavior is causing or is likely to cause danger, distress or annoyance to others, the tour leader or company representative may order the Customer to leave the tour without recourse to any refund.
- 14. Medical fitness and health. If the Customer is affected by any condition, medical or otherwise, that might affect other people’s enjoyment of the tour, the Customer must advise the Company at the time of booking. It is your responsibility to advise the Company of any pre-existing medical conditions that might reasonably be expected to increase the risk of you requiring medical attention, or that might affect the normal conduct of a trip and the enjoyment of other trip members. The Company strongly recommends a visit to a doctor and dentist before your trip. You can ask the doctor about the current inoculation requirements . As a minimum you must be able to walk without the aid of another person, climb 3-4 flights of stairs, step on and off small boats, and carry your own luggage. While our guides work hard to ensure that all our travelers are catered for equally, it is not their responsibility to help individuals who cannot complete the day’s activities unaided. The guide has the right to disqualify anyone at any time during the trip if it is felt that the Customer’s continued participation will jeopardize the other Customers involved or the group. Refunds are not given under such circumstances. If in the event a trip member is subject to injury or illness, the company will attempt to secure the best possible medical attention available. However, the company assumes no liability regarding provision of medical care.
- 15. Baggage. The Company assumes no liability for loss or damage to baggage in transit to and from a Snail Adventures trip or while on a Snail Adventures trip.
- 16. Medical Insurance. Every Customer of Snail Adventures must be covered by travel related personal medical insurance. This insurance must cover personal injury, medical expenses, air ambulance, repatriation costs, evacuation expenses and all other expenses. The Customer agrees to obtain and verify that he/she has sufficient personal medical insurance coverage for the trip.
- 17. Travel Insurance. It is strongly recommended that the Customer obtains personal travel insurance, including baggage, cancellation, curtailment, loss of belongings, and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, theft, damage, injury, delay or inconvenience occurring to the Customer. When the Customer purchases travel insurance recommended by the Company, the Customer acknowledges that he or she is satisfied with the levels of insurance from the provider. If he or she does not take such insurance through the Company, the Customer understands that the price of the tour does not include any insurance. When obtaining travel insurance the Customer must ensure the insurer is aware of the type of travel to be undertaken.
- 18. Publicity. The Customer agrees that the Company may use images of the Customer taken during the trip without recourse to the Customer and without compensation to the Customer, for the publicity and promotion purposes through whatever medium it chooses.
- 19. Travel Documents. The Customer must obtain and have possession of a valid passport, all visas, permits and certificates, and vaccination certificates, required for the entire tour. The Customer accepts responsibility for obtaining these documents and any other necessary documents and is solely responsible for any adverse consequences resulting from missing or defective documentation. Information or advice given by the Company on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, special equipment, etc. is purely advisory and given in good faith as a courtesy to the Customer. The Company is not responsible for any errors or omissions as to the information provided.
- 20. Responsibility on Your Tour. All services here inare organized by the Company. Notice is hereby given that all arrangements madeon behalf of customersare made by organizers on the sole condition that the organizers shall not be held responsible for any injury, death, accident, delay, loss, damage or irregularity whichmay be occasioned through acts of any company and/or persons engaged in carrying out the arrangements. The Company acts as an agent for transport companies, hotels and other contractors and shall not be held liable for any injury, damage, loss, delay or irregularity that may occur, including, but not limited to, any defect in a vehicle or any other form of conveying a traveler, detention, delays or expenses arising from quarantine, strike, riots, theft, forcemajeure, civil disturbance, government restriction or regulation, accident byaircraft, boat, bicycle, motor vehicle or any other form of transport or in any hotel or guest house, pension, or other form of accommodation. The Customer acknowledges thatthe quality of the products organized by the Company, includingaccommodations and all other services related to the tour whichare organized by the Company, are not within the control of the Company and that in any eventthe quality of such productsmay be compromised by local conditions. Accordingly the Customer hereby releases the Company from all claims and causes of action arising from any damages, loss of enjoyment, inconvenience, or injuries related tothe quality of such products. The information contained on the website is correct to the best of the Company’s knowledge and the Company accepts no liability for any innocent inaccuracies containedherein. The Company reserves the right to alter any itinerary in progress or service at any time without penalty to the Company. Anyadditionalexpense or cancellation shall be borne by the customer. The organizer reserves the right to withdraw or refuse any service to any customer atthe discretion of the organizer.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF ALL RISKS. The Customer acknowledges that they have voluntarily applied to participate on the trip and have read the description of the trip as it appears in the trip itinerary. In entering this Agreement, reliance cannot be made on any oral, written or visual representations or statements by Snail Adventures or its staff or representatives, or any other inducement or coercion to go on the adventure trip, hence, only of their own free will, with knowledge of the hazards involved. The Customer voluntarily participates on the trip with knowledge that travel to foreign countries and/or remote areas visited by this trip involves numerous risks and dangers including but not limited to: the forces of nature, civil unrest, terrorism, roads, trails, hotels, vehicles, boats or other means of conveyance which are not operated nor maintained to standards common in their home country; accident or illness without access to means of rapid evacuation or availability of medical supplies; the adequacy of medical attention once provided; physical exertion for which the Customer is not prepared; consumption of alcoholic beverages; or negligence (but not the willful or fraudulent conduct) on the part of Snail Adventures, its affiliated organizations and their employees, or other agencies known or unknown. Acknowledgement is made that the enjoyment and excitement of adventure travel is derived in part from the inherent risks incurred by travel and activity beyond the accepted safety of life at home or work and that these inherent risks contribute to such enjoyment and excitement, being a reason for my voluntary participation.
The Customer RELEASES AND DISCHARGES FOREVER SNAIL ADVENTURES AND ITS AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY ARISING FROM THE CUSTOMER’S PARTICIPATION IN THE TRIP. The customer agrees this release shall be legally binding upon themselves, all minors under the age of 21 traveling with the Customer, all members of the Customer’s family, and their heirs, successors, assigns, and legal representatives: it being the Customer’s intention to fully assume all the risks of travel associated with this trip and to release Snail Adventures of and from any and all liabilities to the maximum extent permitted by the law.
- 21. Local Conditions. The Customer is solely responsible for acquainting her/himself with the customs, weather conditions, physical challenges and laws in effect at each stop along the itinerary, and is encouraged to locate or make contact prior to embarkation with his/her local embassy or consulate in each destination.
- 22. Optional Extras. Optional extras do not form part of the tour or contract. It is understood and accepted by the Customer that any assistance given by the tour leader or representative in arranging optional extras does not render the Company liable for optional extras. Amongst others, optional extras include biking, boat rides, horse riding, snorkeling and other extras, which are not included in the tour price.
- 23. Claims and Complaints. If a Customer has a complaint against the Company, the Customer must first inform the tour leader or company representative while on the tour at the earliest opportunity, in order that the leader/representative can attempt to rectify the matter. If satisfaction is still not reached through these means, then any further complaint must be put in writing to the company within 30 days of the end of the tour. The Company will not accept any liability for claims received after this period.
- 24. Applicable Law and Choice of Forum. This contract is governed by the laws of Mexico, and any legal action arising there from, shall be litigated only in the appropriate court having jurisdiction in Mexico.
- 25. Limitation of Remedies. The Customer agrees that the sole remedy for any default by the Company arising under this agreement shall be the return of the paid Trip Cost. To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, the company will not be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages of any kind (including personal injury) regardless of the form of action whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages, and the Customer expressly waives any right it may have to recover such damages.
- 26. Severability. The Customer understands and agrees that in the event that one or more of the provisions of this agreement, for any reason, is held to be invalid or unenforceable, provision had never been contained herein, therefore allowing all remaining Terms and Conditions to survive and continue as binding.
- 27. Errors and Omissions. Although the Company has made a concerted attempt to verify the accuracy of statements made herein, the company cannot be held responsible for any error, omission or unintentional misrepresentation that may appear on the website or any advertising material originated by the Company.
Ownership, Copyrights and Trademarks
This website consists of images, texts, formats and styles of presentation, software (including HTML code) and material analogous to it (“Material”). All copyright and other moral, ownership and intellectual property rights capable of subsisting in the Material or derivatives of it from time to time is either owned exclusively by or is licensed to Snail Adventures.
You acknowledge our rights to the Material. Save as provided elsewhere in these Terms you must not copy, modify, manipulate, transmit, perform, publish, display license or create derivative works from Material accessed through this website. Where copying or transmission is expressly permitted, you must not display any author attribution or copyright notice.
This website also contains certain Snail Adventures trademarks (whether granted or applied for), graphics, logos and service names (“Devices”). The Devices are owned exclusively by Snail Adventures and may not be copied or reproduced in any format (save as provided elsewhere in the Terms), or used in connection with any product or service without Snail Adventures consent or in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, disparages or discredits Snail Adventures. All other trademarks not owned by Snail Adventures that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by Snail Adventures.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
We may at any time change or modify all or any part of these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”). By browsing this website you are accepting that you are bound by the terms and disclaimer reflected on the site, so you should check these each time you visit the site.
Please note that these Terms are distinct and separate from the Booking Terms and Conditions (or other specific conditions) that must be accepted by you before we agree to offer any tour or related products or services to you through this website. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
You represent that you are of sufficient legal age to use this site, and to create binding legal obligations for any liability you may incur as a result of the use of this site. You understand that you are financially responsible for all uses of this website by yourself, and those using your login information.
Discounts and price reduction are applied at Snail Adventures’ discretion. The reduced price applies strictly to new bookings, and bookings that have already provided deposit are locked into their original price and are not entitled to the reduced pricing. The 5% discount for completing post trip feedback cannot be combined with other offers or discounts provided by Snail Adventures Tours. When booking using your voucher, no other discounts or promotions can be applied to this same reservation.
We have taken reasonable steps to ensure the information provided by us on this website is accurate at the time you view it. However, we cannot and have not checked the accuracy of all information provided by outside sources e.g. travel agents, or by the providers of other information e.g. currency conversion rates, or of other parties linked to or from the website.
All such information is provided in good faith and Snail Adventures excludes liability for any errors, omissions or misleading information (unless made recklessly or fraudulently) to the maximum extent permitted by law, together with all implied warranties in connection with such information.
This website contains hyper links to other websites i.e. sites published by parties other than Snail Adventures. Such hyper links are provided for your reference only. Snail Adventures does not operate such sites and is therefore not responsible for their content. Furthermore, our inclusion of the hyper links does not imply any endorsement of material on such websites or any association with their operators.
We make no warranty or representation relating to the availability of this website and have no liability to you should this website become unavailable to you for any reason.
In no circumstances shall Snail Adventures be liable for any injury, loss, claim, damage or any incidental or consequential damages, including but not limited to loss of profits or savings, arising out of, or in any way connected with, the use of any data or information services displayed on this site. This shall not apply to direct personal injury or death.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that any court of law or other competent authority does make any judgment or decree in your favor imposing on Snail Adventures liability for Material on this website, Snail Adventures hereby limits it’s liability to you, (a) if the breach relates to goods, (i) the replacement of the goods or supply of equivalent goods, (ii) the repair of such goods, (iii) the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods or (iv) the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and (b) if the breach relates to services, (i) the supplying of the services again, or (ii) the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
The use of this website and these Terms shall be subject to the laws of Mexico and the jurisdiction of its courts.
Snail Adventures is a registered business in Mexico.
Snail Adventures Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement explains in general terms how Snail Adventures protects the privacy of your personal information under the relevant privacy and personal information and protection laws. It will apply to any personal information you provide to us when making a booking with us via our online websites and under any other agreement or arrangement.
This Privacy Statement will also apply to any information about you that is provided to us by someone else such as a travel agent.
What personally identifiable information is collected by Snail Adventures?
When you request us to make your travel arrangements, we may collect details such as your name, address, flight and other travel details, credit card number and expiry date, billing address, telephone numbers, dietary requirements (if any) and medical conditions relevant to your travel arrangements. As we are required by law to obtain your consent to the collection of “sensitive information” we will assume that you have consented to the collection of all information that is provided to us for use in accordance with this Statement, unless you tell us otherwise. There may be occasions when we collect information about you from a third party, for example from people booking travel on your behalf.
How is your Personal Information used?
When you supply information about yourself for a specific purpose, we use the information for only that purpose (i.e. to provide the service or information you have requested). If making a booking with us, additional information will be required for operational reasons.
We are anti-spam, and do not share, sell or rent information to any third parties. If you receive information from Snail Adventures, it is because you have asked to hear from us, agreed to join our mail list, or a friend / colleague has requested it on your behalf and you have confirmed this to us or we have contacted you through publicly accessible directories or databases.
Personally identifiable information is stored on servers that are not publicly accessible. Further, personally identifiable information is only accessed by Snail Adventures employees on a “need to know” basis. Credit Card details are NOT stored on our database when you book, or buy products on our site.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties (for example, to our contractors to whom we contract out certain services), for the purpose for which the information was collected or for related purposes, for example to provide you with a service that you requested. In these situations, we prohibit the third party contractor from using personal information about you except for the specific purpose for which we supply it.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorized or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
Transfer of Information Overseas
We may transfer to people in foreign countries any of your personal information to fulfill the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement, for example: Airlines, hotels and other travel and freight service providers.
In most cases the transfer will be necessary for the performance of our contract with you or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken in response to a request by you or for the performance of a contract with a third party which is concluded in your interests. Please let us know if you have any objections to such transfers.
Choice to Opt-out
If you have registered to receive communications from us and later change your mind, you may write to us via our online contact us form to delete you from our mailing list.
Access & Correction of Information About You
If you would like to verify the data we have received from you or to make corrections to it, you may contact us directly by e-mailing via our online contact us form.
Anonymous information collected
In order to ensure that our websites are relevant and appropriate to the majority of users, anonymous click stream information is collected from every visitor to this site. This includes pages viewed, date and time, and browser type. IP numbers are used to determine domain type and in some cases, geographic region. We do not make any association between this information and a visitor’s identity.